Monday, April 20, 2009

Country Quilt



I made this quilt for a dear friend of mine. She just had a boy and I have had some great "boy" fabrics on hand for quite some time. I haven't worked with these particular fabrics in a few years. But I just love the print and the color scheme. And I have to say that I am proud of the finished product. I completed the quilt top on my own and had my mom's help with the backing, the meandering stitch and the binding. My mom has a great machine and she's so fast a finishing the hard stuff for me. So here it is. It was fun having this quilt while in Pennsylvania. The natural backdrop is my parents' yard. They just fit so well together!

Which photo is better?

2 comments:

  1. Shay?!?! That quilt is beautiful!!! I didn't know you quilted? You are very talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say what an amazing friend you are? I love the quilt!!!!

    ReplyDelete